Chemo #2 – Day 1 let the fun begin!

Today’s visit to the hospital was so smooth and quick that I completely forgot to take a picture! Nikki and I were in and out in less than 2 hours; a big difference from last time’s 4 hour event.

We stopped for lunch afterwards… and lunch has confirmed to me that I can’t eat after chemo… because once again I am nauseous and the food is just sitting in my stomach. Lesson learned.

Dan is currently on the hunt for a very berry hibiscus refresher from Starbucks because those make me feel better… but our local Starbucks said they weren’t making them anymore! Of course I found one not too far that is still making them because I’m resourceful that way ???.

I am slowly getting used to the PICC line. It definitely made the chemo process faster and easier today. My hair is also still falling out fast and furious but I have so much that I’m not bald yet… so still dealing with everything covered in hair. Keela is still a wait and see if she passes what she ate… ?. We are just a lovely mess! But you have to laugh!

So here I go… the next few days will be rough but I’ve planned ahead to ensure I stay active during my worst days. I’m not sure how much I will be able to blog because some of the side effects are that my vision becomes really bad and my concentration deteriorates.. but I will update you all when I can.

Make sure to drink wine for me and have fun ?!

  • It is great that you continue with your daily blogs – I enjoy reading them a lot and knowing the days that you are doing well and not so well!

    As for the hair, have you looked into wigs? There are nice ones available and could be worth the money considering daily use.

    P.S. Your blue eyes really pop in this picture!

    • Thanks Karen, I am looking into a wig but I’m not sure yet if I actually want one.. we’ll see!

  • HI Ann-Marie
    sending positive vibes your way and hoping that Keelie is able to pass what she got into and not have to have surgery … thinking of you both!